Tuesday, June 2, 2009
So I'm back from Hanoi! So wanted to extend the trip to Sapa but I had to report to work =( Anyway, Hanoi rocks! I actually preferred Hanoi to HCMC for it feels much more alive and vibrant there. Halong Bay has the best scenery ever although the travelling time back and forth took a whole of 9 hours. Stayed overnight on a boat, had fresh seafood, did kayaking, mingled with people from all walks of life, sang karaoke with the locals, witnessed sunrise and sunset for the very first time in my life.. It was just beyond words. Like a little kid, I dreaded coming home and wished I could have more days there. Started work in an all new different environment and its full of uncertainties. Had to switch on my 'survival' mode. I am a sucker at adapting to a new environment but I am trying and learning. This trip was what I needed!
woohoooooooo Bintan with the girls soon ;D cant wait!
9:21 PM